We became aware late last week that
Power Smith, one of the larger and more reputable home performance companies on Long Island, was shutting down its operations. Power Smith opened their doors in 2010 and developed a reputation for quality work. Over the next 5 years they grew quickly especially in the Long Island market, especially in the Babylon Area. While we were competitors, we cooperated on many public awareness and industry development initiatives.
We know that this is a difficult time for the employees and customers of Power Smith who are wondering where to turn for their livelihood or get their work completed. If you are a current or former customer of Power Smith and you are in need of service or to transition your project, please contact us. If you are a former employee of Power Smith, and are committed to staying in the Home Performance world, please also contact us.
While we are not privy to the particular reasons and events that lead to Power Smith's closure, we can offer these assurances to any former Power Smith customer or former employee who is unfamiliar with us.
- Established in April of 2009, Green Audit USA has grown steadily to become a leader in the home performance market on Long Island.
- Our staff of auditors and technicians are skilled practioners of their craft, are the backbone of our company and the key to our continued success
- Our reputation is excellent as attested to by our A+ rating from the BBB and being recipients of 3 Super Service Awards from Angie’s List during the last two years.
- We enjoy a close relationship with NYSERDA and PSEGLI and are founding member of the recently launched Long Island Green Homes initiative.
- Our financials combined with our skilled staff and visionary management team is positioned for continued growth and stability in the years to come.
The work that we do is difficult, and we have seen a number of competitors drop out of this industry over time. While we are glad for the opportunity to serve an additional group of customers, we are saddened by the end of Power Smith and we were better for their presence in the Long Island market and the work that they did to elevate the industry. We will not forget their contributions or the lessons from their success and eventual closure.